Sunday, August 24, 2008

Beau knows football

Beau knows football!!!!

oh but yes.....in 4 days the most exciting time of the year begins, I say 4 because that is when SEC football starts, South Carolina vs North Carolina State. However, the real boys start Saturday, The University of Alabama and Auburn University. We live for this time of year. Every time I hear the Alabama fight song I get goose bumps. Of course Dan does a little dance when his phone rings the Auburn fight song.

Me (Krisha) being the TRUE Alabama fan that I am, love the crowd on the quad before a football game, the smell of the grills, the spread of tons of food, the "Roll Tide" as you pass a fellow fan on the sidewalk, hearing Denny Chimes counting down the hour to kick off, then hearing the elephant triumph over the crowd, "THIS IS ALABAMA FOOTBALL", and of course no Alabama game is complete without a little "Sweet Home Alabama...ROLL TIDE ROLL" I am getting excited just thinking about it. Seeing Saban on the jumbo tron about to lead the team on to the field, there is a feeling you get that all Bama fans know what I am talking about.

Dan says being the true Auburn fan he is (however he just finally learned all the words to the fight song a month ago...sorry had to throw that in..lol) is just ready to watch the Tigers hit the field. It is hard to explain his love for them, but Trust me...I sometimes wonder if there is more love for the Auburn Tigers than me!!! lol Just kidding! He supports his orange and blue EVERY chance he gets, and doesn't care what anyone else says. Of course I have to get a "6" thrown in my face every now and then, but when he reaches "9" then we can talk!


I have always heard, if you survive your first year of marriage then it will last, I think our goal is going to be surviving our first year married in a house divided!!!


ROLL TIDE and WAR EAGLE!!!!

1 comment:

Jim, Darlene and Eli said...

We think Aubie would look better in the back yard! (Maybe behind the shed????) WE LOVE YOU DAN!!!!