Wednesday, July 22, 2009

YUMMY Strawberry Fig Preserves

My sweet grandmother picked figs early Monday morning, but after picking them decided she didn't want to fool with fixing them, so Mom decided that she and I would have a cooking "bonding" lesson. I was very glad she did. I have been wanting to put up some vegetables this summer, but I won't argue with making homemade preserves either.

First, here is one out of the two pan full of figs.
Here is the mastermind behind this bonding session

Here is the finished product, how beautiful does that look.
Of course you can't make something and not give it a try, trust me, they were DELICIOUS!

Thanks mom for the wonderful cooking lesson! It is a memory I will cherish forever! I can't wait to show Aubrey and Lainey how to do this when they get older. We all 3 love you very much!

3 comments:

Kim Lawson said...

Yummmmm!! Those look so tasty!!

Joy said...

Cooking together is fun!

Bag It Up! said...

Ahhh, another someone to pick and put up GDiddy's figs every year!!! lol