Sunday, June 7, 2009

Our Sweet Angels are FINALLY HERE!

On June 1st, Dan and I had a life changing experience, we became parents! In almost a week, you learn that you are no longer the main person to care for, there is this tiny person that now requires your total love and care, and God blessed us with TWO!!! We are both so thankful for them both and now really can't imagine life without them!

Aubrey Kathryn was born at 7:16AM weighing 6 lbs 12.9 oz and 19 1/4 inches long. She to me looks just like Dan.


Lainey Ryan was born 7:18AM weighing 6 lbs 11 oz and 19 1/2 inches long. I think Lainey looks a little more like me.



I know that we will probably have to wait a few more months to see who they both really look like, but that is ok, they are beautiful and that is all that matters!


Dan, Lainey and I got to come home Friday night. Aubrey is still in NICU, she has been on a roller coaster when it comes to eating. She will do good for one day and then they will bump her intake up and it is an act of congress to get her to finish she tires out and usually falls asleep, so then they have to feed the rest through a tube. Let me tell you, it is not fun having to feed your child that way. She was able to be moved to a normal crib on Saturday afternoon, which is a step closer to getting home, she has got to eat and gain some weight back before they consider letting her come home. We finally got to hold her Saturday night as well for the first time. PLEASE PRAY that this happens soon, it was very hard on Dan and I to just bring one baby home. Yes, it has helped us some what get used to having a baby here with Lainey, but we want both home not just one.


Thank you all for the prayers through my entire pregnancy, not many people can say they carried twins 38 weeks, but I know that the good Lord above allowed that to happen. Just remember Aubrey and that she is home SOON.

5 comments:

kimberly t. bowling said...

They are both so precious!! And we'll be praying for Aubrey to join you all at home VERY soon!

Unknown said...

Absolutely precious!

Peyton D. James said...

You have two beautiful girls. It was great holding Lainey and I can't wait to hold Aubrey. I know you are so looking forward to having her home. Please know you guys are in my prayers and let me know if you need anything. I pray Aubrey is home soon! Keep us updated. I love you all!

Kim Lawson said...

Gorgeous babies! Hope Aubrey gets to go home soon.

South Family said...

They are so beautiful! Isn't it amazing to be a Mommy?!? I am so happy for you! We will be praying for little Aubrey to come home asap!!!!